How does Sign*A*Rama collect and hold your personal information?
Where possible, Sign*A*Rama will generally collect your personal information directly from you. Sign*A*Rama may also collect your personal information from our franchisees in various circumstances including in relation to our products and services, or from third parties who provide your personal information to us to allow us to contact you regarding potential franchise opportunities with Sign*A*Rama. We may also collect personal information from our website(s), Facebook or other social media platforms that we operate or establish.
What personal information about you does Sign*A*Rama collect and hold?
The types of personal information that Sign*A*Rama collects from you will be directly related to the specific purpose for which it has been collected. How much personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in Sign*A*Rama being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service.
The information Sign*A*Rama collects will include:
- If you request information from us directly (e.g. via our website) we may collect information from you such as your name, email address and phone number(s).
- If you make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect information from you such as your name, email address, phone number(s) and address.
- If you make an application for employment with Sign*A*Rama, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address)
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
- If you are applying to become a Sign*A*Rama franchisee, we may collect information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, residency status, employment history, financial capacity and other information relating to your qualifications and experience.
Sign*A*Rama does not generally collect information defined as ‘sensitive information’ in the Privacy Act (such as racial or ethnicity information, political associations, health information and criminal records). However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Sign*A*Rama may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering your application for employment or your application for a Sign*A*Rama franchise.
What does Sign*A*Rama do with your personal information?
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes which you provide it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. This includes, for example:
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from Sign*A*Rama including for example:
- delivering products or services to you;
- managing warranty claims; or
- responding to any enquiries, feedback or complaints made by you;
- assessing and administering any applications for employment with Sign*A*Rama; and
- assessing and administering any applications for a franchise with Sign*A*Rama.
Who will Sign*A*Rama disclose your personal information to?
Sign*A*Rama may disclose your personal information to:
- other companies or people that we have your consent to share the information with;
- other members of Sign*A*Rama’s related group companies;
- all staff involved in processing or managing your franchise agreement with Sign*A*Rama and other third parties who may be required to assist us with processing or managing your franchise agreement;
- contractors and third party service providers, on a confidential basis, that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of the product or service you have requested; and
- in the case of prospective franchisees, business brokers who may be able to offer alternative franchise opportunities in the event we do not offer you a Sign*A*Rama franchise.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients outside of Australia. Sign*A*Rama is a company based in the United States of America. Sign*A*Rama will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is handled by any overseas recipients in accordance with the Privacy Act and our instructions for the purposes described above. By providing Sign*A*Rama with your personal information, you consent to this disclosure of your personal information.
You may request access to personal information (including your credit information) we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (eg, emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, our franchisee network and our related brands and businesses (including the EmbroidMe and Plan Ahead Events brands) so that they can provide you with direct marketing communications and material about their products and services. You may opt out of receiving this material at any time by contacting us on (02) 8878 0400 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your consent to receiving this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
Questions and complaints
Unit 28, 56 Buffalo Road
Gladesville NEW SOUTH WALES 2111
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint or not. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island):
+61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
When visiting Sign*A*Rama’s website(s), the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
- the user’s server address – to consider the users who use the site regularly and tailor the site to their interests and requirements;
- the date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to Sign*A*Rama which pages or documents are most important to users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative the Sign*A*Rama site is to users;
- the type of browser used – this is important for browser specific coding; and
- in order to optimise the Sign*A*Rama website(s) and better understand its usage, we collect the visiting domain name or IP address, Computer Operating System, Browser Type and Screen Resolution.
The information set out above is collected by automated means including via cookies. A cookie is a piece of information that an internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. You can change the privacy settings of your browser, in particular, you can refuse all cookies or opt to be notified each time a cookie is sent to your computer. By blocking or deleting cookies used on our website(s), you may not be able to take full advantage of services offered via our website(s).
Sign*A*Rama also uses other automated devices and website tracking tools such as Google Analytics. Google Analytics is used to collect information about how the Sign*A*Rama website(s) are used. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about websites by means of cookies stored on users’ computers. Google may collect, transfer, store, and process this information on its servers located in the United States. Sign*A*Rama will not use Google Analytics to track or collect any Personal Information from visitors to our website(s). You can read about how Google Analytics collects and processes data at ‘How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps’ http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. If you do not want information relating to your visit to our Website(s) reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information see ‘Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on’ https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Retention and destruction of personal information
Sign*A*Rama will destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as practicable once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we may be required by law to retain your personal information after your relationship with us has expired. In this case your personal information will continue to be protected in accordance with this policy. If we destroy personal information we will do so by taking reasonable steps and using up-to-date techniques and processes.
Security of information
Sign*A*Rama will take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our website(s) and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from this website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
In this policy personal information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.